Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sterling Trip

So a really close friend of mine was diagnosed with bone cancer over the summer, they are like other parents to me, so I went up to visit them in Sterling(up by Manti), they are trying to sell their house so they can move to SLC and be closer for treatments. Before they move I know I am going to go visit again. I love it up there! Because when they move I will have no reason to go up.
I wish I had gotten more pictures, but I can't find my camera and all I had was my phone.
I drove up to my grandma's after work friday- got there around 3:30-4 am, found a dead mouse on the kitchen floor. Slept for a little while, drove up to Richfield, did a little shopping. Drove up to Gunnison, called Barbara, told her I was so busy running errands and going crazy so she wouldn't know I was coming(her husband knew). It was so fun! We hung out that night, visited. Good to catch up.
Sunday, we were so tired, that we didn't get up in time for church, but I did run over to the church to make sure Barbara's husband made it home ok(across the street). Talked to some of the bishopric. One of them knew my uncle Dave.
While Barbara's husband(there are 2 Jim's involved in this story) did his chemo treatment, went to hang out with the other Jim and his horses.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5664739754588823538" />
Jim(and his dog- she is the sweetest dog ever).


Barbara says this is a hens and chicks plant, but it doesn't look like it. But it was really pretty. She had a ton of them.


one of Jim's horses

So after annoying the heck out of Jim for a couple of hours(he is so funny, and really nice to talk to). Went back to my friends, then packed to head back to my grandmas. Stopped in Richfield again to see my aunt Viola, who is the sweetest old lady ever. Got some chinese food, went back to Junction, changed the shower curtain, watched Fast Five, went to bed.
Got up, did a little weeding, picked some apples. Found another dead mouse(whatever they are doing is apparently working to kill them). By then I was like no way am I staying another night. I was planning to stay till tuesday but I just wanted to come home.
So I stopped and visited Bree and Travis for a little while, which was fun!
Stopped in Cedar at Starbucks. And came home!
While I was at my grandma's I went into her bedroom to make sure everything was good, I just had this urge to sit down and cry, I miss her so much. She was such an amazing person. I love that old house.
Anyways, this is such a journal entry. I am totally printing this, since I don't write in my journal! lol!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I'm so glad u got to take a little trip! Hope it was fun and all is well.