Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So THIS is where we get our weirdness!!! I copied this off of facebook so I could print it for my mom. This is my uncle Jerrol, aunt Jeanie and grandpa Jack.



So I have no idea what to write. I get on my blog to see whose updated theirs, and then I think I need to update, but I have nothing exciting to write about.

I have been reading several church books. I am loving them. I've been reading the Eternal Marriage Student Manual(institute), just because I already had it. No, I am not getting married yet. But it is so good. There are things in there that go outside of the marriage topic and I love it. I have to say I have been getting through it faster than the "Church history in the Fullness of Times" manual. Which is also a good book. Maybe one of these days I just might take an institute class.

One of my favorite quotes that I have read so far since starting this temple preparation is - "Spiritual peace is not to be found in race or culture or nationality, but rather through our commitment to God and to the covenants and ordinances of the gospel"(May 1995 Ensign pg 63- Heirs to the Kingdom of God- James E.Faust) I love that for some reason, it reminds me that you don't have to have a higher upper calling or have served a mission to get that peace, all you need is your commitment to God and the gospel. I have it saved on my phone so I can read it whenever I need it. Then I save certain scriptures on my phone so if I happen to go over to the temple to read my scriptures and I can't decide where to start. I just look at phone to see what I happen to be reading about in other books.
It's been a fun little journey. I feel like I'm not just wandering anymore because I have something to work towards.
The other day Madison asked me when I was getting married, just to throw out some random answer I said 6 months(not serious), then Emily asked me if somebody were to ask me to marry him "today" would I say yes? I kinda had a hard time answering that. I am crazy about him, I would like to say heck ya, but I need to get to know him just a little better! I guess marriage scares the crap out of me! I want it, but do I REALLY want it??? Only time will tell! :)

1 comment:

Taralee said...

That picture cracks me up. They look like a bunch of hillbillies hahaha!!!!

That's a good quote. Thanks for sharing.