Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crafts SUCK!!!

I don't do crafts!!!! But I found this super cute picture of a wreath with peppermint candies, so I thought, "oh that would be way easy and fun"
But it's harder than I thought it would be! First I had to find a wreath- then a friend told me hot glue guns melt the Styrofoam(not true), then I needed peppermint candies, I could not find any of the kind with the twisty wrappers, and the other kinds aren't cute, so I took them out of the wrappers, not worried because our front door is covered so I wasn't worried about it getting wet and melting the candy. Well- it started snowing Monday, from the north and SOMEHOW managed to get my wreath and it started making the candy drip a little, so I brought it inside thinking it would dry out! Yeah right! It just got warm and melted more, so I put it back outside so it would drip on the carpet and I thought they would freeze or something- OR something- when I went and looked at it Tuesday, there was a puddle of red on the doorstep(I'm rolling my eyes with annoyance). From a distance it still looks cute! But up close it reminds me of running mascara!
It was a fun little craft and it turned out super cute, but it's ruined and now I'm annoyed because my crafting efforts NEVER work out! My next one(when I have the time) is to make bird seed suet to hang on the Christmas tree in our front yard, I don't even want to think what might happen there! Then I am making Christmas tree sugar cookies(the kind where they stack up stars to look like a Christmas tree) for my visiting teachers- I'll probably end up making them look really ugly and food poison my VT's. If that's possible with sugar cookies! I HATE crafting! So if you've ever wondered why I never get involved with crafts or scrap booking, that's why! They never turn out cute like everyone else's and some kind of disaster happens!

The beginning!

The result!

Me, Emily and Sally! Long story behind that picture, but it's not worth telling! I didn't want to be in the picture, they wanted Sally in it, and she wouldn't hold still! And I'm the only one NOT afraid of a few scratches!

3 comments:

Kasey said...

That wreath is adorable! What a cute idea! That sucks about the snow though, I'll keep my eye out for wrapped ones :)

Ann said...

That's really cute :)

Annie Sunshine said...

I don't do cooking for the same reason you don't do crafts. So I totally know where you are coming from.