Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Post for 2008- grandma Dorene

I don't know where all of our pictures went on Trent's computer, they just disappeared, so I had to pick one from Trent's file.
This won't be much of a entry, depends on my mood I guess.
I just wanted to do one last blog for '08, for sentiments sake. I guess. Last week and this week we worked 1 1/2 days. Then we get 5 day weekends. Last weekend seemed like it went on and on! I hope this one goes that way to. But it probably won't. Cory and Natalie are here, my cousin Melinda Lou is here and Trent will be back from Brighton thursday.
I went to my grandma Toni's on saturday, down in Page. That was fun. She told me to tell EVERYONE that she loves them and keep sending her pictures(snail mail)(especially Tammi). She has this book that was never given to my uncle but is for him and it has a letter for my grandpa from my grandma Dorene during a time she thought she was going to die, it was really cute. She told him to be patient with Ronnow and that he needed to remarry a nice gal so he wouldn't be single(I got a copy of it and I thought about scanning it on and putting it on here, but I didn't think anyone would read it) I loved it, then there was a tribute to her written by my aunt Jeannie that she read at her funeral, so I got a copy of that. That was funny. I never knew her, she died 2 years before I was born. There was a part in it where she was so fed up with my grandpa's tormenting(comes from the Leavitt side of the family) so she threw an open can of spaghetti on him(he was in his church clothes). While she was in the hospital in the end she was kinda in and out of conscious and the family would be laughing at a joke, she would open her eyes and smile.
I love hearing things about her because I wish I knew her. But sometimes I feel like I have met her because people will tell me that my personality is just like hers. Last night we were joking around that my parents found me on the side of the road because I look nothing like my siblings(EXCEPT--- I'm the only one who LOOKS like my parents) and so my mom told me how all of her kids had red hair or blonde and looked like Ipsons or whatever and so one day my grandma told my mom that she needed to have a little black haired baby that looked just like her, then my grandma died and the very next baby my mom had was me. So she said that my grandma hand picked me out just for my mom. And she prepared me to come to earth so that is why I am so much like her. I wish I knew more about her. I wonder if my mom might have journals or something. Hmmmm, I'll have to ask.

Anyhow- HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!! Don't Drink and Drive!!!!!

3 comments:

Tammi Shepherd said...

Thanks for the heads-up Jerolyn. I do usually send a picture of us but I didn't send any with our card this year just our blog address. I do hope she can get online and keep track of us that way. I am planning on going to Page this summer while we are visiting since I haven't seen her in person for about 9 years. Thanks for being such a good example to us all. You are a sweetheart and I am sure she appreciates the time to spend with her soooo much.

Taralee said...

Thanks Jerolyn! I really enjoyed that post especially because we were JUUUUUST talking about Grandma Dorene tonight. I'm actually a little emotional about it, so THANKS for this post. Brinley was asking about her and we were telling her that she died a year before I was born. Anyway, I would love a copy of whatever you have PLEASE!!!!!! You could just email it to me. Both (or all) of the letters or tributes or whatever. I love her so much and I never even met her. Thanks for your words :)

Annie Sunshine said...

Sounds like you have found the perfect family history project. I would love to see you find and type up some journals, letters, pictures, etc.

That would be so nice for everyone to have.