Sunday, June 6, 2010

Relay for Life weekend---

This weekend was crazy! The Hurricane singles ward invited my ward(Washington) to go camping up at Clear Creek, on East Zion and my cousin was doing a Relay for Life in Kanab, and I thought it would be fun to get out and participate. Crazy! So I drove to East Zion(I hate driving through the park, stupid slow drivers- sorry tourists), got up there right after dinner, I would have left earlier, but the reason is for another post. Stayed for a fireside, my cousin Whitney was there, so I hung with her and Marie for awhile.
Left for Kanab around 10:30 pm. It's not a very long drive, maybe 25 miles. I'm not sure how much I walked, I lost track after 6 times around the track, we watched "The Blind Side" well, at least some of it, I walked during the middle and caught the last few minutes. Then they did "The Princess Bride" which I can quote perfectly. I ate a hot dog at like 3:30 am, never done that before. It was really cold there! I was surprised on how cold it got! But me being prepared, I survived it! Edwin and Cody were texting me until 4:30 to keep me awake. They are awesome!
I love this picture of my uncle Jerrol! It cracks me up!!!!

Stuart, Jordan and Austin. I tried to get them all to smile!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjFw8eaxS7Nl_CPfUVKcV6sITr1DHg51HHtFNNNy26BXlCVcn-DvBoeej9B7nTHLZg1kImgJq_UtGzw_zdyHixbpaqVJ7R6klgucKIf9gXL7shMczWyXNBGXZOkIXE4XRK5IQV6fIGui23z/s1600/SANY0146.JPG">
The luminaries, one with the flash and other with out it.


Karri, Ryan and I were there to support the Leavitt's. Gordon's sister(I'm guessing thats who she was) and her two daughters were there. Kims kids and uncle Jerrol and aunt Peggy were there. There were a few others, but I of course didn't know them.
They were selling stuff and I bought 2 shirts(who would pass up on a $1 shirt- make good work shirts). The Leavitt team came in 3rd.
Around 5, when the sun was coming up, I decided to go in and lay down in the tent, I pulled my fire fighter beanie and that Cory gave me a couple years ago, over my eyes, so it was dark. And at like 6 blaring music started. So I didn't get any sleep. We ate, did some more walking and cleaned up. They had a bunch of raffles and lots of games, it was neat, there was a kid who had walked from 6 the night before till they finished the next morning. It was crazy. I think I left around 10:30ish, not sure. Went over to uncle Jerrols house and cleaned up.
I stopped up at our property on East Zion just to look around, that itself is a whole other post. I guess we won't be camping up there till we get it cleaned up. Our BIG huge tree(that shaded our tables) had some huge branches fall off and break other trees around it, on top of the picnic tables. It was bad. I have some pictures, but I will post them later.
Went back to Clear Creek, got there around 12, they were finishing up with a game or a fireside, not sure. Everyone went down to the creek and was swimming and canoeing. It looked like a lot of fun, if I didn't hate water so much, plus the water was all mossy and algae-y, it was gross. I'll post pictures later.
I was SO tired, that I left around 2:30ish. Even though it was fun, I was dead!
Got home almost 4, because of those slow drivers through the park, but by the time I got out of Virgin, I didn't care, I was too tired to speed home.
I fell asleep in the bath tub, woke my self up because I could hear myself snoring. Then later I fell asleep on the trampoline, which is extremely uncomfortable.
Finally I just went to bed at 11:30, Edwin text me 7 minutes later, never even heard it. I was out. I woke up at 11, sat up to start getting ready for church, but I was so tired, I couldn't even keep my eyes open, all I wanted to do was curl up and sleep some more. So I did. I think if I had tried to go to church I probably wouldn't have stayed awake.
So it was an awesome weekend. Long, but totally worth it. And I am SO proud of myself, I only needed 1 Xanax, I thought I'd be popping them the whole time, because its in those situations when I need them. It wasn't until I mentioned that to Cody when I was like, uh-oh, I need one!
Can't wait for next year. Hopefully, that weekend won't be so busy.
I didn't go to the company picnic, because I was just too tired! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like a busy weekend!! :) I agree, sleeping on the trampoline is no bueno. :)